Let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works - Hebrews 10:24
This past Sunday I shared the final "REVISION" God is working on us in 2020: we are determined to reach out wherever we are (Sermon link)
Our programs and ministry in 2020 look very different, but our mission is still the same! Right now we may not have the full-time staff to lead our children and youth programs, but we believe God is raising up our people to step up and lead as volunteers. The way we do things is different, but the call has not changed.
As I stated on Sunday,
"We are determined to reach out wherever we are
Because Jesus reached into where we were!"
Because Jesus is the better way, because Jesus has redeemed our story, restored our hope and filled us with a whimsical wonder over his unconditional, unexplainable, unreasonable love for us...
WHEREVER WE ARE...
- We give God the glory in our story! We can't help but say, "look at what God did!" I truly believe that when we start living out our faith, when we are obedient to the leading of the Spirit and we walk in the ways of Jesus, people will ask: "why"? This is what the way of the Kingdom of Jesus does, it is upside-down, it is counter-cultural, it creates natural questions and wonder in people around us who are watching. It gives us opportunity to give God the glory.
- We ask one-another about how we are doing. We remember that we are not alone, we need each other, so we are intentional in our determination in conversations to ask: "What has God been doing in your life? Can we just confess that we are really bad at this, we are afraid to "stir each other up"...let's not miss it! Let's stir each other up!
- We look for ways to raise our awareness of other. We aren't naive either, we know that our tendency is inward, in our determination, we must ask Jesus to give us his eyes, to see people the way he does. We must ask Jesus to give us courage to step into challenges that are bigger than we think we can handle because He is stirring it up and that is enough!
The question we must ask ourselves is "where is God sending me?" As you think about this, I wanted to share with you some of the ways the Spirit of God is stirring up the people in our Church towards love and good deeds. As you read about this, would you consider joining us or adding to this list? Maybe there is something new God is putting on your heart, would you take the step of obedience and make that phone call, get the ball moving and trust that God is in it, he will make it happen because HE WHO PROMISED IS FAITHFUL!
Here are some ways God is stirring up our people to love and good works...
- California Fire Relief!
- Make a financial donation to our Cornerstone fire relief fund HERE. (select "Fire Relief Fund" on the drop down designation). Or make it directly to the Madara County Sheriff's Office that is working the Creek fire HERE.
- Drop off any of the following donation items at the Church during office hours (Mon-Thu, 10-2pm) or at the worship service on Sunday (8:45 am).
- Imperishable foods (pasta, pasta sauce, cereal, canned tuna etc)
- Toiletries (shampoo, soap, toothpaste etc)
- gift cards (gas cards, Walmart cards, target cards etc)
- Zoom Camp Co-Horts Cornerstone is partnering with our school district to provide this service for families who do not have a place to attend virtual school.
- Make a financial donation to help us provide staff for more Cohorts by clicking HERE. (Select "zoom camp" from drop down designation)
- Volunteer to help tutor kids who area attending virtual school at Cornerstone! Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or call the church office 559-665-1182
- Wednesday Drive Thru Meal and Prayer Service
- Volunteer to help in the kitchen! Email: email@example.com or call the church office, 559-665-1182
- Attend our weekly prayer service in the Sanctuary every Wednesday, 5:30-6:15 pm.
- Children and Youth Ministry Volunteer to help out with our weekly programs for children and youth. Call the Church office to get connected or email...
- Children: Courtney Ables, firstname.lastname@example.org
- 6-8th grade: Nicky Trentacosta, email@example.com
- 9-12th grade: Paige hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Community Garden This is in the early, planning and research phase. The dream is to provide a garden to our community that provides dignity through work and fresh produce to share! If you would like to join the team that is planning and researching this venture, email Lisa Drainville: Lisa@ccchowchilla.com