VISION AND MISSION OF THE CHURCH
In everything, we will glorify God and build relationships connecting people with the person and work of Jesus Christ.
To help in all aspects of children’s ministries from Kindergarten to 5th grade.
DESCRIPTION OF CHILDREN’S MINISTRY ASSISTANT
- DEDICATED BELIEVER: Committed follower of Jesus who puts Him first.
- LOVES CHILDREN: Passion for children and their families.
- TEAM PLAYER: Has a willing spirit to work alongside the Children’s Ministry Director to help build teams of volunteers to minister to children.
SCOPE OF WORK
- To assist with all ministry and programs for children from Kindergarten to 5th grade, including regular programs (Wed Nights, Sundays), Camps (Sugar Pine, Day Camps) and special events (VBS, Fall Festival).
- Assist/support with a wide variety of clerical/administrative and/or classroom needs.
- Prepare materials for Ministry programs, including computer lesson setup, curriculum downloads, distributing materials to volunteers, etc.
- Assist with Check-in stations and greeting guests.
- Help with program set-up and take downs.
- Help recruit and train volunteers.
- Provide spiritual care for children and their families in concert with the Children’s Director.
- Help ensure effective environments, activities and programming that promotes spiritual growth in children.
- Help direct, empower and train interns, if we have interns in Children’s.
- Be part of the Church Staff Team. Participate in Staff Meetings and keep the Staff informed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To provide organizational and clerical support for Children’s Ministry Programs. To assist the team to bring the love of Jesus and the Gospel to the kids at Cornerstone. To help cast the vision of the Ministry and work as a team to execute that vision. To work within the mission of our church to accomplish the vision of Cornerstone.
This is a part-time position. Salary range: $11,000 - $15,000. Salary will be based on experience and qualifications.
Submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Written answers to the following questions:
1. What do you enjoy most in your current position?
2. How do you feel your spiritual gifts and experiences might be a fit for this position at Cornerstone Community Church?
3. What excites you about the idea of working at this position?