The Worship Director works closely with the lead and executive pastors in coordinating worship services. The Worship Director leads Worship Teams, including musicians and sound, to create a service that leads the congregation to see and savor the greatness of God in Jesus Christ through the power of the Spirit.
- Planning weekly Sunday worship services. Choosing songs (the best of the old and the best of the new) that will engage the congregation, that supports the reading and preaching of God’s word, and that results in a well-planned, thematic worship experience.
- Modeling and leading heartfelt worship in an invitational style-that draws worshipers in, encourages participation, and centers on Jesus.
- Recruiting, auditioning, cultivating musicians within the church to serve the congregation as a team with musical skill and humility.
- Ensuring timely communication with teams and executing well organized practice and worship service.
- Leading weekly rehearsals for preparation of Sunday worship and/or special events
- Building on traditions and casting a vision for God led growth including new musical expressions such as holiday programs, instrumental growth, small groups, choirs, children's groups, genre creativity, etc.
- Serving as a member of the Ministry Team and demonstrating a commitment to the congregation and its mission.
- Developing and overseeing the worship ministry budget and managing the expenditures and accounts for the worship ministry in cooperation with the Administrative and Lead Pastor.
- Overseeing streaming for the online worship service which includes online hosts, audio mixing, video switching, and presentation software (Propresenter).
- Overseeing the visual aesthetics of the worship center (staging, presentation software, videos, lighting etc).
- Is musically gifted and uniquely talented in leading congregational worship. This includes rhythmically expedient sound and strong vocals
- Ability to play a lead instrument (preferred).
- Ability to oversee the AV/Production Team and volunteers.
- Ability to oversee other groups within our church affiliated with serving at worship, such as greeters and ushers, readers, offering, etc.
- Ability to cultivate a worship community of singers and instrumentalists within our church.
- Ability to convey a vision to the Worship Team
- Ability to work well with a team.
DESIRED PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Humble: The best worship leaders remain humble and teachable and are servant leaders.
- Knowledge of God’s Word: Possess a deep understanding of how Jesus changes everything.
- Well Rounded: Able to balance ministry and family/personal time, in ways that bring fulfillment to the work the Lord called you to and the life He called you to live.
- Organized: Able to create clear volunteer schedules along with systems and processes that explain expectations for team members to bring administrative structure to a healthy music ministry.
- Communication Skills: Able to comfortably deliver well prepared prayers and scriptural references during worship services. In addition, the ability to write clear correspondence and reports, including lovingly communicating the desired outcomes, timely follow up with personal communication or texts, asking team member opinions, handling difficult conversations with grace, truth and love. Great worship leaders are great communicators and make it their study.
- Skilled musician
- Musical dexterity to follow the Lord’s lead, a strong sense of congregational worship momentum, or lack thereof, in order to make quick adjustments
- Skill and strength in vocals to properly convey the emotions of the moment
- Familiar with a variety of instruments
CORNERSTONE COMMUNITY CHURCH’S CULTURE
- Easy to work with, reliable, helpful, encouraging
- Quick to take orders and faithful to follow through
- A group of fun loving folks that love to have a great time together.
This is a full-time position. Competitive salary. Specific Benefits will be provided throughout the interview process. The salary will be based on experience and qualifications (DOE).
TIME COMMITMENT: Full-time, including nights and weekends
STARTING SALARY: $45,000-$60,000 DOE
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- Cover letter
- Two videos that express your qualifications and skills
Filing deadline: Open until Filled