The process for selecting two governing elders to serve beginning January 1, 2021 begins this month! Anyone who desires to serve in this ministry position is asked to indicate your desire. If you have any suggestions for people serving as a Governing Elder, make your request(s) below. The deadline is August 30th, 2020.
role of the governing elder
1. The primary role of the Governing Elder is to care for all matters
relating to the welfare and good order of the ministry of
Cornerstone Community Church.
2. Recommend the annual budget for adoption by the congregation.
3. Join the Lead Pastor in planning for the future of the church.
4. Other responsibilities as outlined in the Guiding Principles.
*** For more information, contact a Governing Elder.
suggestion(s) for governing elder
* The person must be a member of Cornerstone Community Church for at least one year.
* The following are ineligible because they will continue to serve in this position for another year, are retiring or have served within the past two years: Edgar De Jager, Bryan Dykstra, Eddie Hoekstra, Marv Hoogendam, Greg Hooker, Wiebren Jonkman, Syp Vander Dussen, Case Vlot & Case Vyfhuizen.
I recommend the following to be considered for the Governing Elder position…