The following profile is both composed and designed to give potential Lead Pastor candidates an overview of what Cornerstone Community Church, its ministries and community have to offer. As you look through this information, we ask that you prayerfully consider how your passions and call to ministry may align with Cornerstone Community Church and the vision and values it encompasses.
We are seeking a Lead Pastor that God has already chosen for us. If you sense the Holy Spirit guiding you towards this ministry, we would love to speak with you. Perhaps you have read through this profile and someone else’s name comes to mind as a candidate, we would like you to recommend them to the Search Team and forward this information to them.
Thank you for taking time to read the enclosed information. We hope you will find it helpful and that God will lead you in your pursuit of His will for your life.
Cornerstone Community Church Search Team
LEAD PASTOR POSITION
- A pastor that unifies and equips leaders, staff, and the congregation to fulfill Cornerstone Community Church’s mission and vision.
- A pastor that cultivates a Christ-centered Biblical teaching environment where the Holy Spirit is transforming lives through the Gospel.
- A pastor that models and develops leaders with a caring heart in serving alongside the congregation to do Christ’s ministry and mission in the community.
- Worship / Teaching
Provide God-honoring worship; oversee, and coordinate services with the worship leader; give general oversight of the preaching and teaching ministries of the church.
- Spiritual Leadership
Demonstrates a consistent faithfulness in his personal and public walk with Christ; models humility with a servant’s heart, being prayerful in all things, and boldly speaking the truth with grace and love.
- Building Teams / Equipping Leaders
Uses a team approach based on spiritual gifts; equipping staff, Deacons, Ministering Elders and Governing Board.
- Cultural Architect
Engage in the development of Cornerstone to be a Christ-centered, Gospel-oriented, uncompromisingly faithful church, both locally and internationally. Nurture a congregation of multi-cultural and multi-generational believers.
Candidates will demonstrate evidence of a personal growing relationship with Jesus Christ and will meet the qualifications of an Elder found in
I Timothy 3:1-7, Titus 1:5-9 and I Peter 5:1-5.
- The Lead Pastor shall be Ordained or Commissioned Pastor with Seminary degree (M-Div.) or equivalent education/experience.
- The Lead Pastor will believe, accept, and commit to Reformed theology and teach it.
- The Lead Pastor will believe, accept, and commit to the Mission and Vision of Cornerstone Community Church.
- The Lead Pastor will have served as a Pastor with staff leadership experience.
- The Lead Pastor shall demonstrate a capacity to lead, identify, and develop a variety of projects and have the ability to train and delegate tasks to a variety of ministry staff, office staff, and volunteers.
- The Lead Pastor shall preach a minimum of 38 Sundays a year.
- The Lead Pastor is a member of and is accountable to the Governing Board of Elders.
- The Lead Pastor is a participating member of the Classis of Central California of the Reformed Church of America.
- The Lead Pastor is directly responsible to oversee office staff and other hired ministers.
The compensation package will be presented by the Governing Board of Elders and will be commensurate with experience. It will include salary, housing allowance, annuity, family medical insurance, mileage, continued education, and an expense account.
If you believe that you can contribute to the next chapter of Cornerstone’s story, we would love to hear from you. Review the church and community profile on the website and the position description.
A candidate will be considered once all of the following have been received:
- Submit a cover letter stating what interests you in applying for this position.
- Submit your resume.
- Provide at least 3 links or DVDs for us to view your sermon or teaching presentations.
- Provide a minimum of 3 references. At the appropriate time in the process, we will be contacting references. We will not contact references without giving you prior notice.
- Provide written response to the following questions:
- How do you maintain your daily walk and spiritual vibrancy?
- What do you enjoy most in your current position? What do you enjoy least?
- How do you feel your spiritual gifts and experiences might be a fit for Cornerstone Community Church?
- What is most needful for the church in our culture today?
Email or mail to:
Cornerstone Community Church
208 Fig Tree Drive
Chowchilla, CA 93610
You will receive acknowledgement via email.